John Burns – Licensed Clinical Social Worker
I work primarily with those who are battling depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and/or substance abuse–either their own use or as they are affected by someone in their life. If this is you, you are not alone. Estimates of those who fight this battle every day are as high as 40 million or 18.1% of adults annually.
I use an approach best summed up by the late Milton Erickson, MD “Every person’s map of the world is as unique as their thumbprint. There are no two people alike. No two people who understand the same sentence the same way… So in dealing with people, you try not to fit them to your concept of what they should be.”
I have over 30 years of experience working with those who battle these issues and build a highly individualized plan that works for you. Often the toughest step to take is the first one. I use proven evidence-based therapies to get the best results in the shortest amount of time.
It Gets Better.
- 30+ years of direct counseling and psychotherapy experience working with individuals, couples and families
- Certified Eye Motion Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapist for Trauma & PTSD
- Member National Association of Social Workers
- Member American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Member Society For Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
- North Carolina Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Utilizes proven, research-based approaches: Clinical Hypnosis, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EMDR.