Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already talked to a therapist for anxiety but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of anxiety counseling, to get the anxiety relief that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety counseling – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Contact us if you need a anxiety counseling
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation. Connect with me on LinkedIn for news on the Montgomery Counseling Group and news articles that align with my practice.